The Learning Support Coordinator in the UTS Business faculty is available for one to one appointments with postgraduate students to help them develop better academic skills whilst here at UTS. During the appointment we are happy to discuss a range of academic skill issues with you.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. Our office is located in the UTS Business faculty's Haymarket Campus. Unfortunately at this time, there is no 'drop in service', so please make an appointment first.
You can get help with:
- Understand or 'unpack' the assignment question(s)
- Learn what critical thinking/analysis involves
- Improve your academic writing skills (e.g. grammar/structure)
- Develop better time management strategies
- Learn ways to effectively edit/proofread your assignments
(but not to mark or proofread assignments for you)
- Develop sound academic arguments
- Comprehend and improve referencing methods
- Learn effective note taking strategies for both lectures and readings
- Review group work procedures, assignments and presentations
- Recognise what structure/format is demanded in reports, essays, literature/critical reviews and other types of assignments
- Practise oral presentations and acquire better class presentation techniques
- Receive feedback on your assignment with respect to structure and writing etc.
- any concerns relating to effective learning and practice etc.
- There are many ways we can help and assist you if you encounter problems or have questions relating to your studies, so please email for an appointment to email@example.com
Learning Support Coordinator Poster (PDF, 148kb, 1 page)