How to apply
UTS Business School offers a Doctor of Philosophy (C02048v2) degree.
Before you start your application, you should review the information on research activities and excellence, and researchers and their expertise for the relevant Discipline Groups (Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing). This will provide you with an understanding of the research undertaken in UTS Business School and suggestions for possible areas of research study. This will also assist you in writing a research proposal for your pre-assessment enquiry and application.
It is best to enquire well ahead of the closing dates of applications. Send an email to the UTS Business School Research Office with the following documents attached
- Your CV, highlighting any research studies, projects, or work that you have completed and research outputs/publications
- Contact details of 2 referees - mailing address, phone number and email address
- Official academic transcripts
- English test score if your degree was not taught in English
- A brief statement (at least one page) of your research interest
- The intended time to start your course
Providing this information to the Business Research Office before you formally apply to enrol for a PhD degree saves significant time for you and also speeds up the process of application.
You can make a formal application after the pre-assessment has taken place and a research topic and supervision arrangements have been negotiated.
How to apply for local students who are Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents.
How to apply for international students who are temporary/provisional permanent residents or who are without Australian/New Zealand citizenship or without Australian permanent residency.